The Cartoon contest is open to professional and amateur cartoonists and illustrators sending 1 to 3 works with the theme TANGO.
1 - Dates:
Art Selection: September 2th
Opening: September 21th, 19 hs.
Awards: September 21th, 19 hs.
2 - Categories: Cartoon (graphic humor) , Caricature (graphic humor that expresses the physical and/or personality character known), illustration + Special Prize to the artwork most voted by the public.
3 - Theme: TANGO
4 - Requirements:
The graphicl tehnique is free. The entry form or a word document with the artist name, address, telephone, e-mail, website and a small biography. Each artist may enter with a maximum of 03 works per category in a size that no exceed 30x40 cm., digitalized in 300 DPI in RGB or CMYK and in JPG format. The works should be sent by e-mail to this e-mail addresses: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
5 - Prizes:
The Big Prize Diogenes Taborda 2013 will win a personal exhibition exclusive about him the Night of the Museums of Buenos Aires 2014 (the most popular day of the argentinean museums) and a colective exhibition the other 3 awarded artists in the 3 categories during the next year to be realized in the Cartoon Museum Diogenes Taborda, el día de la historieta. Also will be edited a postcard in 10x15 cm with 4 colors. 1.000 copies and a diploma will be sent to the awarded artists.
6 - Jury:
- Horacio Torres, Director of the Museum House Carlos Gardel.
- Romulo Berruti, Journalist specialized in theatre, cinema and Tango; also a cartoon lover.
- Ana Von Rebeur, President of FECO Argentina, cartoonist for many places and writer of more than 30 books.
- Corne (Santiago Cornejo), Director of the Cartoon magazine “Catrasca” and cartoonist publishing in magazines like MAD Germany, Nebelspalter, etc.
- Jorge Volpe Stessens, Director of the Cartoon Museum Diógenes Taborda.
7 - Additional information: A simple application requires the artist to acceptance of these regulations.
The artists selected tranfer automatically authorial rights of his artworks for reproductions in any media, without restriction, aiming to promote the event; and allows to the Cartoon Museum Diógenes Taborda
to use this artwork in any other exhibitions. Museo del Humor Grafico Diógenes Taborda